Sunday 24 March 2013

Are prequels shit?

I hate Prequels. Films, books, stories... Whatever form they take, I dislike them. I'm not just a pissed of Star Wars fan that woke up from a Lucas-induced coma after a decade in the dark (honest). No, I'm just a guy that realised today that he just does not enjoy them as much he likes other stories where the questions posed are not already answered somewhere else.

I mean, I get we all enjoy delving deeper into our favourite characters and worlds, but with prequels you can usually figure out what the end is, because you know what the future is. Okay, I'm generalising lots here, but it's the underlying feeling I have when I read or watch a prequel related story. It loses a little of the drama of not knowing what will happen.

What do you think?



- Posted using BlogPress from Allan's iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment